SAGIC HONOURS ROLL
MOTIVATION & CRITERIA
SAGIC has an Awards of Excellence or Honorary Life membership system in place that will recognize and reward those individuals that have excelled themselves and have made significant contributions to our industry.
We believe there are several people that are worthy of recognition and this is not something that we wish to do on a posthumous basis.Let us recognize these people sooner rather than later.
The following set of criteria has been approved by the SAGIC EXCO, and nominations for Membership of the SAGIC Honours Roll will be called for annually, prior to Convention:
- Awarded to an individual for his/her contribution to the green industry and not necessarily limited to SAGIC members;
- Nominations must be in writing, supported by a minimum of 50 words of motivation, describing specifically the nature of his/her contribution;
- The contribution should be tangible/measurable for inter alia award-winning projects, length of service to the industry (10 years plus), support of SAGIC, support through media, environmental contributions and so on;
- The award in the form of a certificate must be presented at a SAGIC Awards function that has prestige such as the annual convention, and the 50 word motivation will be used as presentation material by the awards presenter;
- This is an exclusive award, and it is envisaged that only 1, 2 or 3 nominations would be added on an annual basis
- The SAGIC EXCO must approve in a majority (51%) the nomination/s for this award;
- SAGIC must fund the award and the attendance of the person(s) and a partner to the function. Accommodation and travel could be for the individual or national association’s account;
- The SAGIC EXCO must use their discretion in the event of an individual being nominated who has in the past been declared insolvent, sequestrated or liquidated and a minimum of 5 years should be allowed as a rehabilitation period.
Honour's Roll: Recipients
- Margaret Roberts(2006)
- Gilbert Briscoe(2006)
- Kay Montgomery(2006)
- Dave Kirkby(2007)
- Val Wamsteker(2007)
- Lynton Johnson(2008)
- Paul Vonk(2008)
- Keith Kirsten(2009)
- Ray Hudson(2010)
- David Davison(2010)
- Ludwig Taschner(2010)
- Hantie Cloete(2010)
- Jan De Waal(2011)
- John Mundell(2011)
- Carol Knoll(2011)
- David Hutton(2011)
- Una van der Spuy(2012)
"SAGIC Excellence in Training Award" sponsored by STIHL
SAGIC awarded it's first annual award on training in 2011. Several awards are handed outannually at the SAGIC Gala Dinner, but they are all individual association awards.
The training award will be presented annually to an individual or company who has excelled in the filed of training, benefitting the Green Industry.
Nominations with a motivation must be sent to the Chairman. The recipient will be decided by a SAGIC committee majority vote.
- Any individual or company who made an exceptional contribution in the field of training benefiting the Green Industry;
- Recipient must be a member of SAGIC(Participating Association members who are fully paid up on their Association fees are automatically SAGIC members)
- In the event of no nomination it will be in the SAGIC Councils discretion to decide on the recipient;
- Nominations will be called for by the Chairman prior to the annual Convention;
- The award in the form of a certificate and floating trophy must be presented at the SAGIC Awards function that has prestige, such as the annual convention, and the motivation will be used as presentation material by the awards presenter;
- The SAGIC EXCO must select the recipient/s for this award by vote, and the nomination with the majority EXCO vote will be the recipient/s;
- This will be a sponsored award, and the sponsorship term will be three years, with the incumbent sponsor having first option to renew at the SAGIC EXCO approved sponsorship amount. The sponsor has to be a SAGIC Sponsor Partner(Gold or Platinum)
"SAGIC Excellence in Training Award" sponsored by STIHL: Recipients
- Dr Di Goodwin(2011)
- Bob Carrington (2012)