SAGIC is a non-profit umbrella association serving the interests of companies and individuals active in the Green Industry of South Africa.
Aims and objectives of SAGIC are:-
- To promote inter-association networking and communication;
- to promote business to business networking and communication;
- to promote industry to public exposure;
- to promote best practice within all industry segments;
- to promote the industry to government through communication and lobbying;
- to facilitate issues of national interest pertaining to the green industry e.g.
- education & training, water, marketing and legislation, etc.
SAGIC has several Industry related association members. Company, individual and educational institution membership is also available.
Membership of SAGIC is by way of the following categories:
- Association membership: Recognized associations that is active in the Green Industry. Paid up members(individuals and companies) of participating associations are automatically Individual members of SAGIC
- Company membership: is open to any company who feels they can benefit from a positive association with SAGIC. Some companies identify with SAGIC’s Aims and Objectives and fall outside the scope of the specific Associations. These are the companies for which company membership of SAGIC is available. The cost of such membership shall be based on national or regional nature of the company
- Individual membership: Individuals who identify with SAGIC’s Aims and Objectives
- Student Membership: Individual students who are active in, have an association with the green Industry, or are studying horticulture with the vision of joining the Green Industry.
- Educational Institution membership: Educational/Training Institutions who is active or interested in the Green Industry
The SAGIC Council
The council consists of the following office bearers:
- Director of Operations(non-voting)
- Representation from each participating association through the Chairman/President or Association appointed representative
- Co-opted members as and when deemed necessary
- Portfolio representatives
- Accounting Officer(non-voting)
- Rudi Kruger - Chairman
- Paul Vonk - Vice-Chairman
- Mikki Roxmouth - Treasurer
- Paul Kirkby – SALI
- Wayne Stewart – SANA
- Robbie Strang – IPSA
- Jacobus Freysen – LIA
- Barend Venter – OPPASA
- Malcolm Bromley – TGMA
- Di Goodwin – Training
- Kay Montgomery – Water
- Morne Faulhammer – Alien Invasive Species
- Margie Vonk - Accounting Officer(non-voting)